Sunday, August 7, 2011

kansas cucumber salad

This is our new favorite way to make creamy cucumbers! I've been making it for a few months, but finally remembered to take a picture when I made it for dinner this afternoon. I'd been trying to find the perfect combination for quite awhile, since Paul loves creamy cucumbers, but we could never get it perfect. Then I saw this recipe in one of the church cookbooks I have (LOVE those!) and thought I'd try it. I wasn't sure, since Paul isn't always crazy about dill, but in this salad, it's what makes it stand out! Usually I don't peel the cucumbers when I get one at the store, since I usually get the seedless English kind, but these are garden fresh (yummy!) and the skin is a little thicker so I decided to peel them. Either way it's great!



Kansas Cucumber Salad

1 c Miracle Whip
1/4 c sugar
4 tsp vinegar
Sliced or chopped onion
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp salt
4 to 8 med. cucumbers, sliced thin (or 1-2 English cucumbers)

Mix all ingredients, except cucumbers and onions. Add cukes and onion; toss. Chill at least one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment