Saturday, October 30, 2010

my favorite chocolate chip cookies

I have been trying out chocolate chip cookie recipes since Paul and I got married, hoping to find a good one. They always tasted good, but were so...flat. Until I discovered this recipe on Tasty Kitchen. OMG. They rock. It all comes down to the vanilla pudding I think. I made them this afternoon and decided I needed to share the recipe. I inhaled one as soon as they cooled off enough, then figured I better have another so I could use it for a picture. YUM.
















The Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips

Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Combine butter, sugars and pudding mix, beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. The dough will be stiff. Bake and 375* for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

In my oven they always bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden on top. I like them a little gooey in the middle so I don't let them get too dark. SO good! :)
Here is the link to the original recipe: The Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment