Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What I ate

I have seen other bloggers out there do this, so I thought every so often I would share some of the things I've been eating lately. Especially since I'm trying to eat a little healthier! These are just the things I remembered to snap a photo of the past week.

While getting groceries this week, portobello mushrooms were on sale so I grabbed a package, not having any plans as to what I would make with them. When I decided to make them for lunch I searched a little online for a recipe and came across this one. It was a win-win because I had a bag of spinach that needed to be used up too! I didn't follow the directions exactly, I used the pre-packaged bacon because I didn't have any real bacon. But they turned out great! I would definitely make these again.

I was in the mood for eggs, and for some odd reason, this is what sounded good to use them for. Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese, in a whole wheat tortilla, with a few good shakes of Frank's Red Hot. It hit the spot.

Keeping on trend with the Frank's/buffalo theme, this is a creation of my own. It doesn't sound like it would be good together, but it actually is! I threw together a couple handfuls of coleslaw mix, tossed a leftover chicken breast with some Frank's (as much or as little as you like), and drizzled it with some Ranch dressing. Easy peasy. I've had this a few times in the past couple weeks. And yes, I do use one of my big tupperware bowls for salads! Fits more than the little cereal bowls and easier than a plate.  :)

I thought I would link up with Jenn @ Peas and Crayons, too. Be sure to check out the other links! And if that's you are coming from, thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment