Monday, June 25, 2012

BLT Bites

I made these little BLT Bites for a Thirty-One party I had last week. The recipe actually comes from a little cookbook my mom got for free at Crafts Direct. They were a hit! They were a teeny bit more work than I thought they were going to be, but so worth it! If I would have had one of those spoons with the pointed ends it would have been much easier to clean the insides of the tomatoes out. It also took a little time to cook the bacon. You could probably use bacon bits, but I like the real stuff in this recipe.

BLT Bites

16-20 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing (I used Miracle Whip)
3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled (I chopped it)
1/3 c green onion, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

Cut a small slice off of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes onto a paper towel to drain. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment