Sunday, March 13, 2011

36 weeks

This is one week that I'm glad is over. I was sick all week and stayed home from work Wednesday and Thursday morning. Nasty cold and a cough, ugh. Not fun. From Friday on I've been feeling a little better each day. Now I just feel like I am draining.

Yesterday morning we had a small shower for Becca and I with some of our friends. Becca is due on May 31st and is expecting a little girl. It was a really fun time! Not all of the girls were able to make it due to the weather, so there was 5 of us, plus one that came later. Jill and Becky hosted. The first thing we did was decorate onsies. Such a fun idea! Since there weren't a lot of us, we each got to decorate 2, one for a boy and one for a girl. After we had a light brunch, we both opened gifts. We got lots of fun stuff for the soon-to-be little ones! :) Becky also made some adorable diaper cakes for each of us! I only got a couple pictures, but Jill is going to email me the ones she took, so I will share those soon. I need to get on the ball and get the pictures off of my camera from last week's shower too!

Well I am 36 wks along and feeling more ready than ever to meet this little guy. He's squirming around in there right now. :) I feel so huge, and it is hard to bend over and do certain things. I want to get through another week or two so he is officially 'full-term', then he can come whenever he wants to!! I have a dr. appt. on Tuesday, and from then on I will be going every week. I will be getting my first internal exam so I'm a little nervous for that. I'm not expecting anything to be happening yet, so I will be surprised if she says I am dilated at all. Even though I could stay that way for a few weeks without progressing. I also will have to start taking pee-tests at each visit...not sure how well that's going to go when I can't see what's going on down there! Ha!

Survey::
How far along?: 36 wks 2 days
How big is baby?: Still the size of a honeydew on the bump. My guess is around 5 lbs, but I could be way off.
Weight gain?: I weighed myself a few days ago and hadn't gone up anything, but it does vary each day. Hopefully it's not much when I go on Tuesday.
Stretch marks?: Boo :(
Maternity clothes?: Whatever I can fit into without my belly showing...
Sleep?: Not so great early in the week since I was sick, but the last couple nights have been better. It's starting to get uncomfortable when I roll over now.
Best moment this week?: Our shower with the girls on Saturday, for sure! I have great friends! :)
Food cravings?: Varies...I have been in the mood for Subway again lately.
Gender?: Boy!
Movement?: Yep, lots of squirming and pushing most days.
Belly button?: Funny looking, but not popped.
What I miss?: Ohhh, the list is growing... Bending over, leaning forward to eat, wearing cute shoes and normal clothes, just being comfortable...
Labor signs?: Nothing besides the Braxton Hicks contractions, which I am having pretty often some days now.
What I'm looking forward to?: As weird as this sounds, I am looking forward to going into labor, just because then I know we will have our little boy in our arms soon.
Milestone?: Well, I am down to twenty-something days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment