Saturday, March 26, 2011

38 weeks

Anytime now baby boy! We are ready for you! I have definitely reached the point of being "done". Knowing that I am slightly dilated, and just that he is full term, has made me super anxious. Plus, I am just tired and sore and exhausted all the time. Today, for instance, the most productive things I did from 7 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. were hard-boil some eggs, take a nap, and make myself lunch. I sat at the computer and caught up on my google reader and pinterest, if that counts. I just didn't feel like doing much of anything. But I guess I should enjoy it while I can, right? When Paul came home from the farm I got a little boost of energy and put another load of clothes in and sterilized the bottles and parts of my pump so it's ready to go. Now I am starting a scrapbook page, but I am taking a break from that for a minute.

I had another dr. appt. on Tuesday, and she took me off of bedrest so that was good. I was still dilated 2 cm, and I had lost 2 lbs which surprised me. Don't think that will be the case this week b/c I have been hungry like ALL the time. I went back to work Thursday and Friday, and will probably go now until I have the baby or until my due date. I must say that my feet were super-swollen on Friday...more than I have noticed so far any other time.

Survey:
How far along?: 38wks 1 day
How big is baby?: Guessing almost 7 lbs
Weight gain?: As of Tuesday, lost 2 lbs since last week, but haven't weighed myself since
Stretch marks?: Yes unfortunately
Maternity clothes?: Yep, whatever fits over my belly
Sleep?: Getting worse. Last night I laid awake for awhile, and it hurts to roll over. Hard to get comfortable pretty much.
Best moment this week?: Getting taken off of bedrest I guess.
Food cravings?: I have been wanting something slushy the last few days, like a virgin pina colada or something sounds delicious!
Gender?: BOY
Movement?: Still squirming around, but I can tell his space is getting limited. He seems to like laying on my left side...I am usually lopsided.
Belly button?: It's raised, but I still don't think it's going to pop all the way out
What I miss?: Feeling normal, bending over, not being stiff and sore, being able to lift my legs without pain, and so on and so forth....
Labor signs?: Lord I hope they start showing up soon!! I have had a few BH contractions that hurt a little, but they are in no way regular. I have noticed that some of my BH last a really long time, like 1.5-2 minutes, so I don't know what that means if anything.
What I'm looking forward to?: Meeting our little boy, and holding him for the first time
Milestone?: Getting through another week...

I have my camera packed in the suitcase for the hospital already and didn't feel like digging it out so I just decided to use photobooth on my computer to get a quick picture. It works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment