Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Levi is 2!

This past Sunday was Levi's 2nd birthday, and we celebrated by having family over for brunch and to open presents, then have cake! That morning, Levi was so excited while we were getting everything ready. He kept saying "pahty!". And when everyone got to our house, oh man, he was on excitement overload! At one point he was running from the living room into the kitchen and back, just screaming with excitement! "Agghhhhhh!!" Back and forth! It was pretty hilarious. He gets excited anytime someone comes to his house, so he was just having a blast!

After everyone had something to eat, we opened presents. Levi had a few helpers! They all tend to 'help' on each others' birthdays, so that is nothing new! Levi didn't mind!



He got lots of fun stuff! He loved his trike from Grandpa and Grandma Staples, and the doctor kit was another hit. The barn that was handmade by Great-grandpa Jim and painted by Great-grandma Karen just for him is sure to be a treasured keepsake for many years to come! Levi loved everything he got and didn't know what to play with first!

If you read my Pinterest post about what I was going to try and get done, I actually did everything except for the ice cream in muffin cups. Paul pointed out that it would probably be more work to do that than to just scoop it out on Sunday. :) Anyways, the number two I drew onto a piece of tagboard and then cut out with my x-acto knife because it was too thick for the scissors. I knew I didn't want to do all buttons like the original pin I saw, so I just found some patterned paper that somewhat matched my color scheme and went with it. I love how it turned out, and I love the addition of the buttons. The two on the cake in sprinkles was a little tougher, but it turned out cute non-the-less. For the banner, I cut out the letters on my Silhouette and attached them to a piece of bakers twine from my scrapbook stash and then tied that onto wooden skewers. I didn't get a picture of the balloon pinatas, but those were harder than they looked too! I mean, not really hard to do, but it was tough to get the balloon over the end of the bottle to get the candy in, and the only candy I could find to fit in the hole of the bottle was smarties. My nieces thought those were pretty cool.

Levi did great at blowing his candles out! He wanted to keep doing it, ha! So Paul lit them for him a couple times to blow out. After that he was over the cake though, back to the toys!

And just a quick picture of our family! 

One more of the birthday boy with his balloons! He was not thrilled with having his picture taken, or with me wanting him to stand in one place! His adorable shirt was made by my mom. It matches the invites that I sent out!

I still can't believe I have a two-year-old, but he is just so much fun right now! He's got such a little personality. I haven't taken any 'nice' two-year pics of him since we can't get outside because of the weather. (BOO!) But hopefully I can get some decent ones soon, and his check-up is tomorrow (again, weather permitting!) so I'll have his up-to-date stats after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment